The NRPC recently sent a letter to the Internal Revenue Service Associate Chief Counsel (Procedure and Administration) with comments on the proposed regulations, which provide safe harbor rules that treat payee statements/information returns, such as Forms W-2, that contain de minimis errors in dollar amounts as correct for penalty purposes. See attached letter for more information.
You also might be interested in
- NPRC Statement on Employee Social Security Tax Deferral
- NPRC and APA Offer Recommendations to Treasury and IRS re Social Security Tax Deferrals
- NPRC Comments on Proposed Safe and Healthy Workplace Tax Credit
- NPRC Advises Policymakers as to the Feasibility of an Immediate Payroll Tax cut
- Payroll Service Providers Generally Cannot Use the Multistate Employer Option for New Hire Reporting